One question we get asked a lot at E&E Construction Company is “Do I need to replace my commercial roof?” Many building owners and facility managers don’t give much thought to their roofs until a problem develops – whether it be isolated leaks or significant damages such as widespread roof decay.
The experts at E&E Construction are qualified to evaluate your building’s flat roof and let you know if repairs are sufficient or if it is time to replace. Give us a call today at (740) 331-0695 to receive a free estimate over the phone or schedule a site visit with one of our friendly, knowledgeable team members.
Common Causes Of Commercial Roof Damage
Flat commercial roofs can develop issues for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common include the following:
- Poor drainage – Flat or low-sloped roofs are prone to develop drainage issues, which can lead to ponding water. Not only is water very heavy, putting strain on the roof, but it can also deteriorate your roof’s material, leading to leaks.
- Loose flashing – Intended to create a barrier against water where roofing angles meet, when flashing becomes loose, water can make its way underneath and into the roof.
- Damaged or deteriorated membrane – Over time and with constant exposure to the elements, your flat roof can develop issues – cracks, punctures, blisters, and normal wear and tear – which can increase the chance of a leak.
Knowing When It’s Time To Replace
At E&E Construction, we will never suggest replacing your roof when other options such as repair or restoration will do. However, there are some guidelines as to when your commercial roof should be replaced:
- If damages are extensive and repairs would cost close to or more than replacement
- If the roof has previously been repaired or re-covered
- If 25% or more of the roof area is damaged
- If the roof is reaching the end of its service life
- If repairs are becoming more frequent and more expensive
If one of E&E Construction’s expert technicians determines that replacing your flat roof really is the best option, don’t despair! There are many benefits to commercial roof replacement:
- Ability to upgrade roofing technology
- New insulation
- Lower maintenance costs
- Lower energy costs
- Less anxiety, more peace of mind
Fast, Effective Flat Roof Replacement
If you suspect your commercial building’s flat roof may need to be replaced, give E&E Construction a call today at (740) 331-0695! We are a reliable commercial roofing company with more than a decade of experience. We have the best in skilled labor, top quality materials, and customer care practices.