The news that your flat commercial roof needs to be replaced is never welcome. However, finding a commercial roofing contractor that can help you navigate the process doesn’t have to be a chore – E&E Construction Company is Ohio’s premier roofer, specializing in roof replacement for all types of flat roofing systems:
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up roofing (BUR)
- And more!
Call us today at (740) 331-0695 to schedule your free roof inspection and get a second opinion on your roof replacement.
Signs It’s Time For A New Flat Roof
Deciding whether it is, in fact, time to replace your commercial flat roof can be a difficult call to make, which is why it is best left to a professional. When in doubt, get a second opinion. A project as large as replacing a commercial roof should not be decided hastily or without all the information available. Unfortunately, up to 80% of all roofs are replaced prematurely.
At E&E Construction, we do our due diligence to make sure none of our clients ever replace their roofs unless it is absolutely necessary. That includes performing a thorough, multi-point inspection to determine the condition of the roof and its underlying structures. Early warning signs your roof needs professional maintenance and is heading for problems include higher utility bills, frequent leaks, and visible roof damage.
The following, more dire, signs may indicate your roof is ripe for replacement:
- You keep sinking money into repairs that don’t seem to fix the problem.
- Your roof has signs of structural damage.
- More than a quarter of your roof has been repaired or restored.
- Your roof is no longer under warranty and does not meet the standards to be warrantied.
- Your roof is not operating efficiently and has surpassed its recommended service life.
Options For Replacing Your Flat Roof
There are actually two options to choose between when replacing your flat roof:
- You can roof over your existing roof.
Most codes now allow no more than 2 layers of roofing before requiring a complete tear-off, so if you only have one roofing system on your roof, and if your roof is structurally sound enough to support the added weight of another layer, this may be a good option. The obvious benefit of this choice is that your new roof can be installed quickly and with less mess and disruption than a roof tear-off would incur.
- You can tear off your existing roof and install a new system.
This option involves completely removing the old roofing system – membrane, insulation, etc. – down to the roof deck. This option has many benefits:
- Your roof is completely new.
- All old, rotting, worn materials are removed.
- This allows us to get a clear look into the roof deck to make sure everything is performing well.
- All components are replaced, meaning any areas of risk are removed and replaced with new, perfectly installed, perfectly performing components (flashing, copings, etc.)
Ohio’s Best Flat Roof Installer
If your commercial flat roof needs to be replaced, don’t despair! The professionals at E&E Construction Company have the experience, training, and resources necessary to replace your roof quickly, correctly, and reasonably. As the #1 roofing contractor of choice for Beavercreek, Ohio, and the neighboring communities, E&E is ready to assist you.
Don’t leave an asset as important and expensive as your commercial roof to just anyone – trust the experts at E&E Construction Company. Call us today at (740) 331-0695 to schedule your free, no-hassle, on-site initial consultation.